Besides unlimited access to Antwerp ZOO and Planckendael, with your ZOO pass you will enjoy a cartload of great deals. We decided to make a list, because there are a lot of them!
Up to 365 days unlimited access to Antwerp ZOO and Planckendael.
With your pass, the gates of two animal kingdoms will swing open for you. You are always welcome in Antwerp ZOO and Planckendael, whenever and as often as you like: up to 365 days a year, since both zoological parks are opened every single day.
During the magical morning hour the zoo will be all yours
While ordinary visitors are not allowed in before 10 am, you will be welcome in Antwerp ZOO and Planckendael as early as 9 am. And believe us, it is a real must.
The magical morning hour
The early hour before visiting time is pure magic. You hear all the animals waking up; you see the zookeepers at work in the animal enclosures and the gardeners busily working along the paths. But otherwise, there's not a soul around. It feels like you have the zoo all to yourself.
By the way, did you know that early in the morning most animals are much more active than during the day? Maybe the meerkats are playing practical jokes, or the lion is just starting his morning exercises?
Enjoy a 10% discount in our shops
You've seen something nice in our shops? As a member, you get a 10% discount on all your purchases in our main shops*. Moreover, keep an eye on ZOO Magazine: it features additional promotions available to members.
When you buy in our shop one of our ZOO themed products to take home, you also contribute in a small part to the conservation of nature. All proceeds go entirely to the operation of our animal parks, our mission of conservation or simply: our animals!
* Not valid on drinks, food, media, service items and promotions. This discount is calculated and rounded per article.
10% discount in our restaurants
Hungry like a lion or thirsty like a camel? On presentation of your ZOO pass, we will give you a 10% discount in our restaurants Latteria, Restaurant Savanne and Grand Café Flamingo in Antwerp ZOO + in Toepaja and De Ooievaar in Planckendael.
* This discount is calculated and rounded per article.
Breakfast with animals
You already know that: for our members, the gates of our parks open at 9 am already. For only € 3,60, early birds enjoy a fresh croissant and a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate at Restaurant Savanna (Antwerp ZOO) or Toepaja (Planckendael) untill 10 o'clock.
Bring your grandchild along for just € 5.50
We worked out an attractive formula for our proud grandparents holders of a ZOO pass: the grandchildren's card. You only pay € 55 for a ten-entry card. This allows you to come ten times with one grandchild, or once with ten grandchildren.
Actually, you should understand the word 'child' in the broad sense. The card is indeed valid for offsprings up to and including 17 year olds. Your little pride and joy under 3 years get in free.
the ZOOmagazine in your letter box free of charge
With your ZOO pass, the ZOOmagazine is delivered automatically and free of charge into your letter box. This beautiful magazine will fully update you on the ups and downs of our animals. Fascinating articles and beautiful pictures will tell you all about life in our zoos, our scientific research and our conservation projects. Don't forget that it also features prominently the special offers available to members!
News hot off the press
Looking for news hot off the press? You should subscribe to our monthly newsletter. This will ensure that - in-between two ZOOmagazines - no birth, relocation or zoological event will escape your attention.
Now, you can also join us on Facebook and become a friend of Antwerp ZOO and a friend of Planckendael to keep track of what's happening in our parks!
Free admission to the Serpentarium in Blankenberge
As a member, you get free admission to the Serpentarium in Blankenberge. In this impressive reptile zoo on the seafront, you will discover the world of spiders, lizards, frogs and snakes. Venture through a jungle teeming with tropical plants, cross the arid desert and wander along massive rock faces with beautiful waterfalls.
You will discover fascinating creatures in this natural habitat. Ever heard of the panther chameleon, the rainbow boa or the black mamba, the king of the venomous snakes? No? Quick, we’ve requested an audience!
Exclusive discounts in other parks
With these additional discounts your ZOO pass is truly worth gold... That's because, on top of all the advantages that your ZOO pass gives you in our parks, you can get a lot more great deals outside Antwerp ZOO and Planckendael.
- Dierentuin Artis (Amsterdam, NL): 2 x free admission, valid till 31/12/2019.
- Diergaarde Blijdorp (Rotterdam, NL): 2 x free admission, valid till 31/12/2019.
- Serpentarium (Blankenberge): free admission
Special discount for ZOO members*
- Gaiapark Kerkrade Zoo (Kerkrade, NL): 1 x 50% discount on the admission rate, valid till 31/12/2019.
- Plopsaland (De Panne) and Plopsaqua (De Panne): 40% discount for everyone taller than 1 meter, valid for all opening days till 31/12/19. Please be aware that children under the age of 3 and taller than 1 meter will need to show a membership pass, available on request at our membership service or at email@example.com.
- Plopsa COO (Coo) and Holiday Park (Germany): 40% discount for everyone taller than 1 metre, valid for all opening days till 31/12/2019. Please be aware that children under the age of 3 and taller than 1 meter will need to show a membership pass, available on request at our membership service or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Plopsa Indoor (Hasselt) and Plopsa Indoor Coevorden (NL): 40% discount for everyone taller than 1 meter, valid for all opening days till 31/12/19. Attention: children under the age of 3 and taller than 1 meter need to show a membership card, available on request at our membership service or at email@example.com.
- Bobbejaanland (Lichtaart): 50% discount on the adult rate, valid for all opening days till 31/12/2019, not valid on days the park is at maximum capacity.
- De Efteling (Kaatsheuvel, NL): € 4.00 discount, only valid when buying a ticket at the ticket window; valid all opening days till 31/12/2019.
- Phantasialand (Germany): 50% discount on the admission fee from 1/4/2019 to 3/11/2019 and from 19/11/2019 to 19/1/2020.
- Speelgoedmuseum (Mechelen): 35% discount on your admission fee at the cash register of the Toy Museum until 30/04/2019.
- Museum voor Natuurwetenschappen (Brussel): €1 discount on the reduced admission fee for permanent and temporary exhibitions, valid until 31/12/2019.
- Openluchtmuseum Bokrijk (Genk): 50% discount, from 26/march to october 2018 and during winter in Bokrijk. Valid until 31/12/2019.
- Domaine des Grottes de Han: 40% discount. Valid until 31/12/2019.
Travel cheaper to Planckendael with the Shuttle or Blue Bike bicycle
As a member, you will travel in comfort and with a 50% discount on the Planckendael Express. There is a scheduled service leaving Mechelen train Station.
You prefer to cycle? If you take the Blue Bike subscription, you will get 2 free rides. More information on www.blue-bike.be/kmda
Quick, discover our tailored memberships! An annual membership pass is valid for 365 days from the purchase date.